INTERIOR DESIGN PROJECT MANAGER
For centuries people have harnessed the power of the wind to bend it to their will. Aquilo is the Latin word for the north wind. At Aquilo Interiors we harness this same power and boldly take the spaces we create in new directions. We are a fast-paced and cutting-edge Interior Design Studio that specializes in bold, eclectic, maximalist, curated design.
Aquilo Interiors is currently seeking an innovative and driven Project Manager to produce and lead transformative design projects that deliver on our core values. This position is based out of our Oakland office, and will be assigned to conduct both off-site, on-site and remote work.
Our Project Managers are responsible for design projects from concept to delivery. They are responsible for directly interacting with clients and leading the conceptual, schematic, design development, as well as the management of the construction, of assigned projects.
The Project Manager is tasked with not only performing, but also directing the work of assigned staff, partners, and consultants; overseeing the development of contract documents; budget management; construction site representation and project closeout.
A Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Interior Design, Architecture, or related field.
Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience, in Interior Design, Architecture, or
5 years of experience in Interior Design/Architecture Project Management, and/or
Construction Management (Experience with residential remodels, renovations and
furniture-phase focused projects is preferred)
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Manage, delegate and track project tasks, including but not limited to the timeline,
budget, vendor contracts, etc.
● Develop, review, and update, or direct the work of staff designers, documents
as it relates to project constructions
● Provide pricing and speciﬁcations for sourced furnishes & ﬁnishes; update and
maintain internal records and databases
● Conduct client meetings and/or other communication, as needed, for design,
budget, and project updates
● Collaborates with Principal Designer to align and achieve project goals, budget,
deliverables, and schedule.
● Participates actively in project design and technical discussions and decision
● Communicates actively through chairing weekly meetings, issuing meeting
minutes and accurate project record keeping and sharing project information
● Participates in new business and marketing efforts including responses to
marketing requests and maintenance of firm relationships
● Coordinates installs, shipping, and scheduling for client projects, as well as follow-up
● Maintaining healthy, supportive relationships with prospects, customers and colleagues.
● Facilitates smooth communications between the construction and design teams.
● Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
● Expert knowledge of design, construction, and project management principles and
● Highly proficient skills with design, office and project management software, i.e.
AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Google Suite,
Keynote, Asana, Ivy Project Management Software
● Highly organized and detail oriented, with a proactive approach to problem-solving
● Highly autonomous, with a strong ability to work independently with minimum
supervision while prioritizing workloads to meet deadlines
● Ability to work professionally with people from a wide variety of cultural and socio-
● Strong ability to collaborate with others and work effectively in a team environment
● Keen ability to multitask and shift priorities, while simultaneously working on tight
deadlines with many interruptions throughout the day
● The ability to travel throughout the Bay Area, as required, to be on site and in ofﬁce
● Strong ability to make sound independent decisions by applying policies and
procedures and using available resources
Aquilo embodies the dreamy, immersive, and boundary-defying quality of evocative art.
We provide the magic to transform an undefined space into a home, guided by our three sacred values of Soul, Precision, and Wonder.
We partner with artists and exclusive brands to curate one-of-a-kind, bespoke pieces. As masters of fusion and layering, we are comfortable working in countless styles to truly breathe life into the imagined. We believe in rigorous planning and functional design. Our design ethic is present, practical, and precise. We strive to create work that evokes wonder. We are set apart by our elegant harmonies, daring selections and our passion for personalized detail.
Whether it’s assisting with the restoration of a family heirloom or helping to sculpt the right centerpiece, we go thousands and thousands of miles, and sometimes across continents, in pursuit of design magic!